Monday 5 July 2010

lost in music (186/365) (2010:21/52)


05/07/10 (186/365) (2010:21/52) lost in music

Do you remember what it's like to be swept away in a song, so completely wrapped up in the music you can
actually feel your heart ache for a lost love that wasn't even your's? Or feel it soar with such joy you think
you'll burst? You just want to stand there and throw your arms out and sing at the top of your voice.

I've been listening to a lot of music lately, the aerial in my car's broken so I've been listening to albums, old and new.
I'd forgotten how different it is to hear 10-12 songs by an artist rather than the chopping and changing you get on the radio.

I've gotten so involved that I became addicted to the emotional rush. It was like being the hopelessly romantic, full-of-teenage-angst girl I used to be and whilst it was good to spend some time together, I'm not really her anymore. But I've re-awoken the hunger

Taken for 2010: the year we took photos, week 21

2 comments:

Ed said...

The is something to be said for listening to an album in it's entirety. I don't do it often enough.

kerry said...

I only tend to do it when I'm commuting and haven't got a book to read. I'm definitely enjoying rediscovering my music :)