Saturday 30 January 2010

It's all in my mind (2010:4/52)


It's all in my mind (2010:4/52)

Why did I come up this way? I hate coming up here, I should have left enough time to go the long way round. It gives me the creeps.

Nothing's going to happen. I'm in the midst of the train station, people are everywhere.

Just not up here.

... Don't think about it. A little bit further and you'll be back down the steps to the platform. Look there's even CCTV cameras all along here.

Why isn't anyone up here?
Walk faster.
Look. The steps. Loads of people on the platform. Relax.


What was I getting all worked up about? I'm being daft. It's all in my mind...

(2010: The year we took photos. Week 4 - darkness)

8 comments:

Arjan said...

Could've been straight from a movie.

Barbara said...

Just because it's all in your mind doesn't mean it can't scare you silly.

Jeannette said...

Ant more descriptions like this and I am going to start sending your Dad to collect you from work xx - enjoying the photos, thanks for putting them here.

Jeannette said...

PS that should have read "anymore" - now I'm correcting my comments, OCD or what?

kerry said...

@Arjan - when I was writing it, I was reminded of the opening sequence of things like Angel or The Equalizer

@Barbara - true :)

@Mum - (psst, don't worry, it's all for dramatic effect) Actually, it is spookily quiet when the rest of the station is always so busy. I'm glad I didn't have time to set up some of the other things I had in mind ;)

Insomniac Mummy said...

I know just how you feel. There is something about tunnels and bridges in train stations that give me that heart pounding feeling.

:)

DJ Kirkby said...

*shudders*

Not From Lapland said...

I get those same feeling in empty subways, train stations and such places. Gives you the shivers.